Update On World’s Most Exciting Oil Play: An Interview With Jim Granath
Namibia is currently witnessing what could become one of the most spectacular explorational oil plays in recent memory, and one Canadian driller is at the center of this brand-new, potential blue-sky opportunity. This is what this oil play review and update is all about.
Reconnaissance Energy Africa (TSXV:RECO, OTC:RECAF) is in the process of attempting to de-risk the potentially huge Kavango basin. Following the encouraging results of their first two test wells, the company is now analyzing the data to determine the size and commercial potential of the basin.
With the exploration efforts in Namibia advancing quickly, Oilprice.com founder James Stafford sat down with one of RECO’s leading geologists Dr. Jim Granath to find out more about the producibility and commercial potential of the encountered hydrocarbon system in RECO’s Kavango basin.
In This interview with Jim we look at the following:
– Why the stratigraphic wells were a huge success
– How the hydrocarbons are stacked in columns from 15 to over 110 meters in height
– The oil and gas they are seeing are far more than normal shows
– The type of oil they are seeing in the wells
– How the geology is similar to the Zagros belt in the Middle East
– Why this is a conventional play
Click here to read the full article.
Source: Oil Price
If you have further inquiries or need some oil play review insights, feel free to reach out to us here.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!